5/31/10

the simple woman's daybook for may 31st


Alright, guys, you know the drill! Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so head on over to Peggy's to read up on all the rules and regulations, then come back and type up your own post, link up and...volia! You've just particapted in the blog carnival that is known as The Simple Woman's Daybook. I don't care if spell check thinks that "Daybook" isn't really a word; I'm still going with it.
For today...May 31st, 2010. Happy Memorial Day, ya'll!
Outside my window...A storm is brewing, so it's pretty dark and overcast here. Now that I think about it, rain almost always seems to be a threat whenever I write a Simple Woman's Daybook. Interesting, don't you think?
I am thinking...About today's events. Dad and Clark getting back from a family reunion in the mountains, which Mama and I opted out of going to, a cookout at the grandparents house, and a little shopping for some clothes with Mama. Ahhh, today was a good day. 
I am thankful for...One on one time with Mama, like we had today. Actually, most of the weekend, really. I love when it's just me and her riding in the car and talking about, um, things that we'd never even dream of talking about when Clark is with us. This afternoon was no exception!
From the learning rooms...Today's a holiday, so no math for me! I really need to get the ball rolling, though, because my goal of finishing up the book by my b-day isn't really possible, unless I do three lessons of math a day. Um, no thank you.
From the kitchen...Leftover chicken from the cookout was on the menu for Dad and Clark. Mama and I stuffed ourselves with a early dinner, so we didn't eat with the guys. Cookout food is good once in a while, but I don't really want to look at potato salad any time soon.
I am wearing...A white tank top with some workout shorts. You know, standard bed time clothes! 
I am creating...The answer to this question hasn't changed since last week, really. I feel bad about it, but not motivated to make anything. Sad, I know. 
I am going...To go spend some time with the family. We haven't really been together any this weekend, so I was torn between blogging and watching TV with them. :)
I am reading...Sam gave me a new book today, so I'm itching to start it soon, but since Mama made such an effort to get me a book from the library's book sale, I wanted to finish the book she got me before I started Sam's book. 
I am hoping...To hear rain on the roof as I go to sleep. Dad just walked all around the house saying that storm we were supposed to get has fallen apart. We really need the rain, so that was bad news.
I am hearing...The hum of the computer and the TV going on and on about something. Also, a car going by playing loud music is breaking the silence. A drawback to living in the country: people can play their music just as loud as they want, which makes for some pretty interesting summer nights when all the windows in the house are open.
Around the house...Everyone else is in the family room, and as soon as I finish this blog post, I'm joining them! Family time, ya'll.
One of my favorite things...I kinda answered that one in the "I am thankful for..." question. Really, it is one of my favorite things, along with family time. 
A few plans for the rest of the week...Mama and Dad are having to make up for not working today, so while we're at work, Clark and I will be here at the house, doing chores and school most likely. Sounds fun, doesn't it? 
A picture for thought I am sharing...I didn't take any pics today, partly because it was really cloudy and windy, so I'll leave you with some more American flags pics, okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment