5/26/10

worship music wednesday

I'm still in a blogging funk of sorts, and I'm still in that WMW rut, which isn't helping my creative juices flow. At all. So, needless to say, I'm still on the search for a song that really speaks to me, but for now, here's a song that was one of my faves. Not to say that it isn't anymore, but it was moved down from my top five...

(Ignore the cheesiness of the video, please. I'm guessing that the person who did this was amateur, but I'm sure that I couldn't have done any better.)
The Lord your God is with you
Hes is mighty to save
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with His love

He will rejoice over you with singing
He will rejoice over you with His song
He will rejoice over you with singing
He will rejoice over you with His song

And through the night (in your darkest hour)
When you are tired (and you've lost all hope)
He will hold you tight

He will rejoice over you with singing
He will rejoice over you with His song  
And, just in case you've never heard of the verse that this song is based off of, here it is...
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
Side note: As soon as I opened my Bible to look up the verse, I felt peace come over me. All I can say is...nothing. :) For once in a long time, I'm speechless...

No comments:

Post a Comment