5/17/10

we're baaack...

Alternately titled: The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 17th.
Alright, guys, you know the drill! Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so head on over to Peggy's to read up on all the rules and regulations, then come back and type up your own post, link up and...volia! You've just particapted in the blog carnival that is known as The Simple Woman's Daybook. I don't care if spell check thinks that "Daybook" isn't really a word; I'm still going with it.
For today...May 17th, 2010. Just over a month until my birthday! Wanna come swim with me to celebrate? :)
Outside my window...Rain, rain, go away. No, really, go away! I know the farmers are happy to see the good, soaking rain, but it's making it hard to keep a positive outlook on life. As if adjusting to real life after a vacation wasn't enough, it had to rain today. Okay, rant over.
I am thinking...About how I need to work on laundry. Mama left me with all of it, so I'm up to my eyes in dirty clothes, or, to quote dear Miss Emmylou, Mount Laundry.
I am thankful for...Dad and Clark filling up the house with noise. When they were out and about today, it was just me and Butter, which freaked me out a little bit.
From the learning rooms...I took my final biology test today, so with the exception of biology co-op on Friday, along with 20 lessons of math, I'm done. Hello, summer. It's nice to see you after your 9 month hiatus!
From the kitchen...Ya'll, everything we had in the fridge, pantry, and cabinets is gone. We took it all to the beach, and something about the sea air made me and Clark really hungry. Mama's stopping to pick up subs or pizza or something to eat for supper. Yes, it's that bad. The grocery store better watch out, because one hungry family is coming for...food!
I am wearing...A army green t-shirt and jeans. Standard at home apparel. I'll have to put on some decent clothes tomorrow since I'm baby-sitting, though. One of the drawbacks of staying in your bathing suit for half of the day: you never feel like changing, except when it's time for bed. 
I am creating...I created a thank you card for a friend today! I'm so proud of myself. Really, I am.
I am going...To fall asleep typing this post. Something about rainy days makes you want to stay in bed and take a day-long nap.
I am reading...Leslie Ludy's new book. At first I thought I was going to return it, but today during my quiet time I had a change of heart. I could barely stop myself from reading another chapter! It's a relatively short book, though, so I'm sure I'll be looking for another one soon. Suggestions, anyone?
I am hoping...I really don't know. It requires too much thinking, really.
I am hearing...Rain dripping off the levels of the roof. So soothing at night time, but not so much when it's all you can do to keep your eyeballs open. Yes, I say eyeballs.
Around the house...Dad's on his laptop, Mom's out working, and Clark's printing off something to do with play money. Don't ask why, because I don't know the answer. Plus, he wasn't real generous about the details when I asked him earlier.
One of my favorite things...Oddly enough, I'd have to say rainy days.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Other than baby-sitting tomorrow and bio co-op on Friday afternoon, not much is going on. Dare I say it? I will; my life is boring. There, I feel better now!
A picture for thought I'm sharing...It doesn't get much better than taking a night time walk on the beach, does it? I think not! Plus, I giving you guys a sneak peek at what's to come in future posts, so keep coming back throughout the week to see what we were up to last weekend. I'm splitting the trip up into days so I don't overload Blogger with pictures. Ya'll know that I have a bone to pick with Blogger and its s-l-o-w uploading, so I think I might be sent over the edge if I try and upload all 136 pictures I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment