5/11/10

the simple woman's daybook for may 11th

Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook! Head on over to Peggy's to read the rules and regulations in order to enter, then link up and leave a comment saying you participated this week. I must admit, I'm pretty bad at linking up, but I'm working on it.


For today...May 11th, 2010.
Outside my window...Overcast and windy, which is fine with me. Why? Because I'd rather it be overcast now  and have sunny skies when we're on vacation later this week. But sunshine now would be nice, mostly because it would help me get out of this funk I'm in.
I am thinking...Well, since I just told you readers that our family's going to the beach, I think it's pretty obivous. Look out beach, cause here I come!
I am thankful for...
From the learning rooms...Finishing up biology before we leave later this week is on the to-list. Other than that, I really don't have anything to do. Math is just going to have to wait until I'm in the mood, which will be never!
From the kitchen...Since Mom's been working this week, we've been left to figure things out on our own, but we have leftovers from last night's spaghetti supper. I'm sure that's what we having, although we have plenty of other things.
I am wearing...A purple long-sleeved shirt and a purple necklace with jeans. Anyone else think it's pretty crazy that we're wearing this kind of stuff mid-May? I do, along with my whole family.
I am creating...Nothing. I ashamed of myself, but I can't seem to get motivated to create something.
I am going...To the beach! This Simple Woman's Daybook has a theme, doesn't it?
I am reading..."Boy Meets Girl" by Josh Harris. It's pretty much the sequel of "I Kissed Dating Good-bye", but even better. I totally recommend it, so go out and buy it already. Or borrow it from a friend, like I did. Either one.
I am hoping...To finish up my chores before Mom gets home. Everyone wants a certain pair of pants washed so they can take them to the beach, so laundry must be done, and since Mom's working, guess who gets the job? Yours truly. But I'm not complaining; there are worse chores that I could have on my to-do list, right?
I am hearing...Nothing, absolutely nothing. Mom's working and the boys are at the dump, so it's just me and Butter, the cat. In fact, the silence is getting to me...
Around the house...See above answer. Yes, I know, I know, that's lazy, but I'm on a time constraint here.
One of my favorite things...The beach! I'm sorry, I don't mean to rub it in that I'm going on vacation, but this very well could be the one vacation we go on all summer, so I have a right to be excited. At least I think I do.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Shopping tomorrow, then we're off to the beach for the rest of the week. I promise I won't leave you hanging, so look for some pictures and scheduled posts to tide you over. The rec room at the timeshare place we're renting has Wi-Fi, so I'm hoping that Dad be nice and let me get on his computer, but we'll see.
A picture for thought I am sharing...

I have no idea what kind of flower this is, but I took this at my grandparents house when we went down there on Mother's Day. Look for some more pictures from the mini-photo shoot I had with Clark and Sam on tomorrow's almost Wordless Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment