5/3/10

simple woman's daybook for may 3rd

Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so go on over to Peggy's and link up with your own one. I promise it doesn't disappoint.
For today...May 3rd, 2010. Seriously, new month already? Is anyone else shocked that it's pretty much summer-time?
Outside my window...Overcast, with a really strong breeze. The weathermen are calling for increasing winds, along with heavy downpours with possible thunderstorms tonight. Can we not get a break from the wind? The rain will be nice, since we kept getting a mouthful of dirt when we were trying to garden yesterday, but the wind just makes more limbs to pick up afterwards. Yard work never, ever ends when you have 2+ acres and none of it is farmland.
I am thankful for...Monday nights. See below to know why I heart Monday nights sooo much.
From the learning rooms...EOG's (end of grade testing for all you people who are lucky enough to have graduated) are on the schedule for this week, along with reading, finishing up my online class portfolio, with some biology throw in there. Thankfully. no math.
From the kitchen...A family favorite: Shrimp/Pasta salad with cucumbers and red bell pepper, along with lots of cheese and olive oil. So light, but filling because of the whole wheat penne pasta, which makes it great for the summer!
I am wearing...Cuffed skinny jeans with a grey t-shirt. We're at home, so there's no need to dress up or anything. Here in a minute I'm going to go change into my PJ's. I heart PJ's, in case you didn't know.
I am creating...Nothing. I'm not proud of myself, really, I'm not.
I am going...Not many things are on the agenda this week. Mostly, birthday parties for Clark and the end of CBS. *sniff, sniff*
I am reading...Finished a book this afternoon, so it's time to decide on a new one. Anyone read the Leslie Ludy book that just came out? It's on sale at a local bookstore for $10, so I'm thinking about getting it.
I am hoping...Oh, I really don't know. Hoping for the thunderstorms not to be bad, I guess.
I am hearing...Clark rambling on and on about how he wants to get on the computer, but mostly about pictures from CBS that he's looking at. He never stops talking, and I haven't mastered the art of tuning him out yet, so listening to whatever he has to say is the story of my life.
Around the house...Mama's talking on the phone, and Clark is...quiet! Say what? Wait, he just said something. Well, it was nice while it lasted.
One of my favorite things...Monday nights. I know, I'm crazy, but I thought I made that clear in the last post. Three of my favorite shows ever are on tonight, so maybe that's why I like Monday nights. Or it could be that I like spending time with Mom, without Clark, while watching "our" show. Take your pick, but I'm going with...See? I can't decide! I'm hopeless.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Like I said earlier, not much. CBS ends, my online class ends, and I will possibly not see anyone the rest of the week. Save me!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

I just cannot get over this face! He looks like a little chipmunk...

No comments:

Post a Comment