6/21/10

simple woman's daybook for june 21st

Alright, guys, you know the drill! Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so head on over to Peggy's to read up on all the rules and regulations, then come back and type up your own post, link up and...volia! You've just particapted in the blog carnival that is known as The Simple Woman's Daybook. I don't care if spell check thinks that "Daybook" isn't really a word; I'm still going with it.
For today...June 21st, 2010. The first day of summer, and let me tell you something, okay? It's felt like summer for over a month now, and I almost pass out when I think that this is what it should be like in August. That's two months away, folks, and to think we have even hotter temps in store...I can't think about that right now. 
Outside my window...The sun is, well, doing it's job and heating up the earth. Hey, sun? You can slack off on your job now, okay; the earth's getting a tad too hot here lately.
I am thinking...About my birthday post. Goes hand in hand with this one, really.
From the learning rooms...I struggled though math this morning, and ended up not finishing until after lunch. Oh well, I'm doing it at my own pace, and that's what homeschooling is all about!
From the kitchen...I put in my request for a grilled supper, but I'm not sure it will be granted. I even offered to do most of the chopping, but no dice, so we'll see what's on the menu tonight.
I am wearing...I've already been in the pool this afternoon, so I'm typing this in my bathing suit. What? That's not normal? Hate to break it to you, but I'm generally a abnormal person. :)
I am creating...I created a Father's Day card yesterday, so I'm just a little proud of myself. Thank you, thank you!
I am going...To upload some, er, a lot of pictures in the near future. As in, like, after I click the publish button on this post. 
I am reading...I just got a new summertime book by Beverly Lewis, and I'm already done with the first mini-book (it's 5 volumes in one). Perfect for sitting by the pool, like I did this afternoon. 
I am hoping...To finish this post, along with a bunch of others today. I promises you guys a birthday post, right? Can't back out now. 
I am hearing...Mama and Dad talking about the mower. If you know anything about our family, it's that we literally live on the riding mower in the summer, and now it's broken. Again. Happens every other time we crank it up, and it's a easy fix, but man...is it annoying!
Around the house...Everyone's laying low and gearing up for another trip outside to the pool. 
One of my favorite things...Birthdays. No duh! Actually, I don't like everyone making a big fuss, but I do like the part where I get to sleep in and Clark do my chores. :)
A few plans for the rest of the week...Hanging out with the pastor's kids tomorrow morning, coupled with some errands and a visit to a friend from CBS. Thursday might be a repeat of Tuesday, and that's pretty much it! Not much, like usual. 
A picture for thought I am sharing...This pretty much sums of my weekend!
Off to put the finishing touches on my birthday post. It's full of surprises, so hang on to your britches. Yes, I just said britches. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment