6/14/10

simple woman's daybook for june 14th

Alright, guys, you know the drill! Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so head on over to Peggy's to read up on all the rules and regulations, then come back and type up your own post, link up and...volia! You've just particapted in the blog carnival that is known as The Simple Woman's Daybook. I don't care if spell check thinks that "Daybook" isn't really a word; I'm still going with it.
For today...June 14th, 2010. Ya'll, five days until my birthday and I still haven't really wrapped my brain around the fact that I'll be 15, much less what I what to do in celebration.
Outside my window...A heat index of 105 is keeping everyone inside, so we're closing the blinds and curtains in hopes of giving the air conditioning a break. It so dark that Mama and I are about to fall asleep! 
I am thinking...About how hot it's going to be when we go to the grandmother's house to visit with the cousins so she can go to work. Poor, poor, SA. :(
I am thankful for...Grandparents who pay you to watch your younger cousins. I never got paid to watch Clark, so this is pretty exciting for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you Gran Jan! 
From the learning rooms...No math today. I just wasn't feeling it, and Mama didn't push it, so I opted out of it. I think the heat's making us just feel blah about everything
From the kitchen...Leftover homemade chicken salad with multigrain crackers for lunch. Summertime food is the best, no? 
I am wearing...A green tissue tee with white shorts. I think I'm in love with these pants! Thanks for passing them on down, Emmylou; they really are a favorite pair of mine.
I am creating...Nothing. I've let myself down, again. 
I am going...To go insane if Clark comes into the schoolroom to tell me that I need to finish up my lunch RIGHT NOW. Never rush a girl when she's blogging...and eating. It makes for one cranky person later in the day, I'll tell you that much. 
I am reading...I've started to pace myself with the book Sam gave me, so I'm on the lookout for another summertime book. Or Sam could just read faster and then give me the next book in the series. If you're reading this, Sam, read faster! :)
I am hoping...To not pass out in the car while we're riding to my grandmother's house. If you think about it, pray for us, okay? The whole not having air conditioning in the car is really wearing down on us, and eating right before you get in isn't the best thing to do, but we didn't have a choice.
I am hearing...Clark walking up the stairs to brush his teeth, which is my cue to get a move on! I'm typing so fast you wouldn't believe it. 
Around the house...Everyone's bracing themselves to go outside. This simple woman's daybook is revolving around one thing...the intense heat! 
One of my favorite things...Spending time with family, like we are this afternoon. 
A few plans for the rest of the week...Hanging out with the cousins this afternoon, CBS Craft Day tomorrow, a possible hair cut on Wednesday. Busy week, huh?
A picture for thought I am sharing...

I get to hang out with this cutie later on! As you can see, we take Bop-It very seriously in our family...

No comments:

Post a Comment