8/10/11

The Beach {a guest post by Emily N}

Can you believe it?! We're on the second day of guest posting, and this post was written by my IRL bestie, Emily N!! I'm sure you've heard of her because only every other post here at Simply SA mentions her & her family. She's got a great line-up of her fave things about the beach, so stick around & read her post if you'd like! Take it away, woman! ;)

I'm so excited to write a guest post for Sarah-Anne! She really wants all of us to keep the beach theme for each of our posts this week, so I’m going to write about my favorite things about the beach.

First off, I love the beach. I have always dreamed of living at the beach all during the summer, but I’m pretty sure that it’s not going to happen. I would love to live down there in a big pink house like this one:
I bet you never guessed that one. Pink? What do you know?! It is my favorite color… =)

I think it would be absolutely amazing to be able to walk on the beach anytime I wanted during the summer and come home to my own cozy beach house. It doesn’t hurt to have big dreams, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some ingredients for a blissful day at the beach (in my opinion):

A bright blue sky…
Sticking my toes in the water and jumping in the waves…

Sand between my toes…
Visits from a friendly little crab…

Getting seafood at a waterside restaurant…
Sitting on the beach and reading for hours under a bright colored umbrella…

Windblown hair that smells like the sea (and that gets extra curly with the humidity).

Flips flops, cute beach bags, and stylish sunglasses…

Ice cream at Dairy Queen…
Photoshoots on the beach...

Fishing on the dock…

Long walks down the beach before the sun goes down for the night…
and...
You can't forget the gorgeous sunsets over the water, right?  Is there anything else that you would add to the list? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for letting me guest post, Sarah-Anne!  

P.S. Sarah-Anne has some pretty amazing guest bloggers lined up for y'all for the rest of the week… I would definitely check back in the next day or so because it's going to be pretty spectacular!

Hi Everyone! It’s Emily from Practically Pink (otherwise known as Sarah-Anne’s “in real life friend”). I live in a small town in NC with my family; my wonderful father, my older sister, Katie (21), and my younger brother, Andrew (almost 14). Also, you might already know this, but my mother just recently passed away due to lung cancer. We are a Christian family and are trusting in Him as we start this new chapter in our lives. He is going to help us through this difficult time, but we just have to lean on Him and walk by faith. My little corner of the internet is a snapshot of our life, mixed with an assortment of many other things that catch my eye on a daily basis. Come on over and say hello! I would love to "meet" ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment