8/2/11

august? i hate you.

photo credit

If you can't tell by the title of the post, I have a hate/hate relationship with the month of August.

photo credit


First off, it brings school. Now, don't get me wrong; I love a good productive day of school with a hot cup of tea & rain pattering on the tin roof...but let's be honest. That doesn't happen often, and in reality we don't sit around reading whatever textbook we want, we frantically make sure we have all our college class assignments done for the week & go insane doing geometry proofs with coordinate planes. Or maybe that's just me. In that case forget everything I said... ;)
August brings a sense of the end of summer, but I like it. So I guess I do like something about August. August is a last hurrah, if you will, and I love having almost a whole month saying goodbye to summer. It's full of bright & colorful things, epic sleepovers, and great family vacations. It's a month for making end-of-summer memories, ones that will last a lifetime.
{Goodbye wonderful summer & hello school.}

No comments:

Post a Comment