5/12/11

CBS 2011


It's over. 


Over, over, over.


Excuse me while I go cry in a corner in the fetal position... ::sob sob::


Alright, I'm back. 


Anyone who knows anything about me knows how much CBS means to me and my family. Community Bible study is a wonderful ministry, with several branches such as Men's, Women's, Teen and Prison ministries. Mama, Clark & I have attended our town's Women's CBS for over 6 years now and served in Leadership for 5 of those years. Needless to say, it's a very big part of our lives and Christian fellowship. Pea Ess: Click HERE to read all about what we do there. It's helpful for sure!



Today was our last day. Technically, the last day for the kiddos was a couple weeks back
{and believe me when I say that I was torn to pieces to see all those kiddos leave knowing they'd come back and be all grow up and too old to give me hugs}, but today was Sharing Day for the women, young and old. A chance to let the Leadership ladies know how much it means to the regular attendees, and just general fellowship.


This year I was allowed to sit in on Sharing Day {again, technically I'm still a child there; I'm registered in the homeschool class because I'm not old enough to be in Leader's Council}, and I am so glad I did. Sure, I cried big time at such sweet things different ladies had to say about CBS, but I laughed and hugged and said a lot of "I miss you's". Too many in my opinion, but do you know what the best part was? Knowing I was going to see the ladies again in the fall.


And that's what I'm holding onto. CBS is such a big part of my life, and I fully intend on keeping it that way. I love all the moms I've grown close to and I hope they've enjoyed being there as well!


Shout out to my CBS peeps, ya'll! And with that, I'm off, full of ideas for next year... :)

P.S. to the first P.S. This post came from the heart. I'm not a writer and blog posts don't come easy to me, but the words just...flowed tonight, so while it might not be the best post I've ever written, I'm going to leave it the way it is, because my message is authentic & original. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment