7/5/10

simple woman's daybook for july 5th

Alright, guys, you know the drill! Another Monday means another Simple Woman's Daybook, so head on over to Peggy's to read up on all the rules and regulations, then come back and type up your own post, link up and...volia! You've just participated in the blog carnival that is known as The Simple Woman's Daybook. I don't care if spell check thinks that "Daybook" isn't really a word; I'm still going with it.

For today...July 5th, 2010. What's better than a 3-day weekend? Well, that would be a 3-day holiday weekend, thank you very much.
Outside my window...Nothing much has changed. The blinds are closed, along with the air conditioning on full blast. That's Eastern NC for you, folks.
I am thinking...About how well I'm sleep tonight, even though I slept in today. A nap didn't really help me, but I'm looking forward to not having to get up early tomorrow.
I am thankful for...Friends who make me laugh and good food to eat while laughing at said friends. This weekend was just what the Dr. ordered.
From the learning rooms...Math has taken a turn for the worst. The only thing that's keeping me going is the fact that you can do Geometry in between Algebra 1 and 2. If Geometry is going to be even the slightest bit harder, you might have to come get me and send me to math rehab.
From the kitchen...Leftovers all the way, although I made some Texas Caviar to go with the grilled chicken. Thumbs up to Dad for grilling some of the best chicken I've ever had.
I am wearing...Um, this is embarassing, but I'm in my bathing suit. I promise you'll get to see what I wore this morning in my FF Challenge post later tonight.
I am creating...The FF Challenge post! :) No, really...I had pictures uploading when I started writing this post.
I am going...To be in big trouble of I don't get off the computer soon! My time is almost up, and that's a very bad thing to have it run on mid-blog post.
I am reading...Almost done with my current book, so I'm open to hearing what you readers have been reading this summer. I'm sure our tastes in books are similar!
I am hoping...TO finish this post, along with another, before supper. In fact, I'm hoping to be more productive in my blogging time, because I always seem to run out of time reading my Google reader. Maybe I need to update my Summer with a Purpose list...
I am hearing...Mama and Clark talking over the nightly news. I'm sure I'll hear supper preparations soon, though.
Around the house...We're recovering from the weekend. Seems like we did twice as much work than necessary, but it was worth it because it meant we got to kick back and relax today.
One of my favorite things...Cookout food. I'm a uber healthy eater, but sometimes I really want a hot dog and chips to eat. Ever feel that way?
A few plans for the rest of the week...Odd things like working on CBS things, meeting with an advisor for my college classes this fall, baby-sitting, visiting with friends, and a whole lot of chores, I'm sure.
A picture for thought I am sharing...A little taste at what's to come for my 4th of July post! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment