7/28/11

AI Summer Tour 2011

Public Blog Annoucement: I'm trying something new this time: writing about my experiences in between photos since I wasn't able to take my camera inside the concert with me. All the pics are on the way to the concert & give you a little glimpse into what was going on. Which was lots of excitement & screaming. ;) Enjoy!


It's no secret that the Nichols family hooked me onto American Idol earlier this year, and it's no secret I became a little bit of a Scotty fangirl. It wasn't the slightest bit a secret that I was going to the AI Live! Summer Tour 2011 in Raleigh NC, and it was most certainly NOT a secret that I was excited about it!


 You know what I wasn't excited about? Not being able to bring my camera {with a wicked awesome telephoto lens} into the RBC center. It was a long story with lots of drama, but to shorten it: Canon Rebels were deemed "professional" since they had detachable lenses so instead of sneaking it in like I was going to, I decided not to break the law & get pummeled by security guards all while going down to the floor with onlookers. Because that's how is in the movies so it must be like that in real life, no? ;)


I survived, I didn't die & I didn't feel like something was missing the whole time. I think it was a God thing that I couldn't bring in my camera so I could just relax & enjoy myself & not worry about whether I had enough pictures to tell our story of awesomeness in the blog. Amen?

The traffic was INSANE compared to our town's 5 o'clock traffic. INSANE, I tell you. I was all like "Cars. All around me. Hyperventilating now." and Emily was all like "Go to your happy place and think of Scotty!!". ;)

We nervously chewed on our sunglasses, anxious to get there already! 


Andrew did stop for me to take a picture of his excitement...



Andrew's face is cracking me up...


We watched Chuck on the way & remembered how much we hated Shaw. & laughed alot. It was awesome! I wanted to say I was smart & planned it all, but I realized I had my Chucks on...and we were watching Chuck! Oh, the genius... ;)

Not sure you can see the sign, but it said Sold Out Event...and they weren't kidding. Dad & I seriously didn't see any seats empty.
After stopping at a Zaxby's near the NC State, we were on the road again & thanks to God's grace we finally got there with minimal traffic problems!! We had seriously prepared ourselves for the worst but we got a spot right next to the east entrance & people watched for a while.


Emily & I frantically tried to get a picture of the RBC Center but my camera decided to go nutso on me & get funky with the zoom so I was screaming at it...and getting looks from the other passengers.


oh RBC Center, how I love you. you make me feel like i actually live in a city, not some podunkville USA type deal.



It was amazing, guys! As a first time concert goer, I was totally shocked by the energy of the crowd & how loud people can scream {myself included. I may or may not have screamed so much my voice was starting to fade...and all because of Scotty}. But by the end of the concert I was singing along, making up hand motions and having one of the best times of my life.

All the performers were amazing & I loved seeing their personalities shine up on the stage. You kinda felt like you got an behind the scenes look at their lives & the way they acted. All my faves lived up to my expectations; Casey sang a Santana song, Haley did awesome, James rocked the crowd & came from the back of the Center to walk through the crowd, and...

...Scotty...oh, Scotty. I wore a plaid shirt for you, you know? ;) You really saw how appreciative & happy he was to be back in his home state, and we were certainly glad to have him!

BUT! Without some people it would not have been possible to go, so thanks to Miss Beth Collins for getting the tix & waiting so patiently for payment. Also, thanks to Dad for getting past his hatred for American Idol & coming with me; one of the best parts was that he was able to go with us. Thanks for driving us as well, Dad!

Long live Scotty McCreery!!

OK, I'm good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment