7/25/11

scenes from our weekend

{Saturday 7.23}
Earlier in the week, Samantha suggested that we meet at the Coffee Shack to catch up & tell her all about my camp stories & drink strawberry smoothies while I sipped my peach iced tea. I said "Oh yes, count me in!". It also happened to be the night that Alex's band(s), Caesura Surrender & Close Up on the Quiet Ones, was playing at the Coffee Shack, along with Perpetual Psalmodoty. Check all these bands out because they. are. awesome.

I love how my dress matched the pink stripe in their blanket covering the couch.

Peach tea!! :D It's crazy how good this stuff is.


 Don't even get me started on the cinnamon rolls...they are delicious & at 2 bucks I get one almost every time I go.



 On to the music!


Yes, I'm aware that the focus is on the stained glass, NOT Miss Lori & Mr. Ken. But I kinda like it...you?
 The view from our table in the conference type room...


 Close up on the Quiet Ones...


Perpetual Psalmodoty...


I am by no means Lindsay & can take awesome music photos...but I have to say this might be the favorite of the night for me. What do you think?

Caesura Surrender...




There were other cameras there: Miss Helen with her HUGE camera that intimidates me, and Lindsay with her new 60D. No wonder I didn't take as many pictures as I normally do. 


 


Annaliese wore TOMS...as if she wasn't already cool. I love that girl to death. 


 When the music wrapped up, Sam & I headed on back to the casa and decided to do a little night swimming. Ever wanted a hot tub? Just get in your pool at 9PM & you'll be really warm. True story.


After our night time adventure, we took hot showers & ate popcorn out of Solo cups & dragged my mattress into Clark's room so we could all sleep in there. It was an awesome night. 

{Sunday 7.24}

Sunday we all went to our respective churches, went to Sam's Club & ran into half the people that we know {OK, so it was only two families. But still, you can't go into Sams without running into someone you know}. We ran home just in time to eat lunch then greet the Waters clan for an afternoon of swimming & sun! 


Lots of sliding going on around here...



Technically, they went down feet first. See how they bend the rules? ;)







There was lots of floating...and it was awesome. I'm still working on that tan every wants to kill me for...



This might be my new favorite picture EVER of my two guys. LOVE <3



 We had an invasion of the killer wasps that afternoon & the boys took it upon themselves to kill each & every bug that flew near them. Thus, we had a pile of wasp parts cooking on the pavement. It was gross yet oddly fascinating. & I learned that I'm afraid of wasps because I flew out of the float in a less-than-graceful manner, screaming the entire way down.



See what I mean about the floats? We were super relaxed & tanned by the end of the day...












This is Brock. Brock, these are my blog readers. They now think you're some crazy rocker dude that has his mouth open all the time. & they might be partly right... ;)


Cousin LOVE <3






 I honestly had no idea why that were in Gran Jan's trunk or what they were talking about, but it was too sweet not to snap a pic of those boys.


 
Brock's face cracks. me. up. in the first photo. 
 


I skipped out on the family to go to WOL since my BBF's from Jamesville that I met at camp were joining us. It was awesome to see them again; when you see your friends for 8 days straight & they see you at your best {and your worst}, then don't see them face-to-face for 8 days...you go through friend withdrawl. So I freaked when I saw Hannah, Jack, & Sam. High fives & hugs all around. :)

There ya go, my weekend...in a not so condensed version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment