1/18/11

things that make me sad

Wow, this post is a stark contrast from my last post. Some days my thoughts {good and bad} are begging to be spilled out, and since I have a blog, it's where I spill my thoughts. Apologies in advance. P.S. It's another post without pictures. I'm giving out hall passes if you and your eyeballs can't handle my glass half empty approach to life...
Today's not a good day, and here are some reasons why...
 {Tuesday is the equivalent of other people's Mondays. For the past...let's see, year or so, I've been trapped at home from Sun to Thurs. working on schoolwork all. day. long. Thus, I view Tuesdays as the day with no hope since I still have two more days before I can go anywhere}
{We have no visitors coming to see us [after we had two days this week where we had friends coming out]. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, except I was really, really, really looking forward to it. I can't remember the last time friends came to our house and we were the hosts.}
{My mom's stressed over the fact that her once a month book study is kinda sorta falling apart. *UPDATE* Except for the leader of the study being sick and the book study as a whole being moved to another house entirely, things are going great}
{Two of Clark's friend's have the flu and their mama isn't feeling so hot either}
{I'm behind in reading blogs [which is a good thing too, actually. nothing i love more than a full dashboard]}
{I'm behind in posting, too.}
However, today I've been encouraged by these things...
 {I finished school at 4:00PM for 2 days in a row}
{On that note, there's a bunch of giveaways going on in the blogosphere}
{This post encouraged me today}
{This post encouraged me as well, for some odd reason}
{We're going to have pizza and cookies and play with the father while Mama's away.}
I'm fighting to see God in all of this. Really, I am. It's not something I'm good at, and I'm so glad I was able to find these things, however little and few they are, that allow me to see the good in my life. Because God is good, amen?
So, I've just emotionally vomited all over your screen and I'm afraid I can't clean it up {because, you know, I'm not there with paper towels and Windex}. Will a virtual hug and pat on the back make up for it? :)
Happy Tuesday, in Rachel's words. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. Not that you had a choice or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment