12/16/11

crank up the christmas tunes

My recently-discovered-love-of-my-life Pandora has been blaring the Christmas music since the day after Thanksgiving every time I sit down to write a blog post. Right now, Micheal Buble is tellin' me Santa Claus is coming to town. I'm a big fan of Buble's style music so I created a whole station full of him & Josh Groban, Martina McBride, and Julianne Hough because not only can that girl dance, she can SING. Amen? Amen.

While I love the traditional carols & the instant calming effect they have, I'm a weirdo and like the non-traditional Christmas songs even more. Erika, the gorgeous red head behind Rouge & Whimsy, inspired me to share my favorite Christmas songs. In no particular order, because who can pick a favorite? I sure can't.

Baby, It's Cold Outside {Martina McBride with Dean Martin} - Martina McBride is amazing. The end.




Jingle Bell Rock {Julianne Hough} - Just listen.




Baby's, It's Cold Outside {Elf Soundtrack} - I mean, really. Is there anything Zooey Deschanel can't do? The answer's no, by the way. And yes, I have two versions of the same song. What can I say? I like it!




Jingle Bells {Micheal Buble} - Totally in love with his version of this song.




Last Christmas {Taylor Swift} - I'm sure I had heard bits & pieces of this song in earlier years but I feel like I just discovered this song!





It's Called Christmas with a Captial C {Go Fish Guys} - Yes, I know these guys are VBS type music, but listen. It's not a great message. Pea ess skip the first minute or so to hear the actual song.



Have any favorites among this list? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Love all of those! Christmas music is awesome. I'm really going to miss it...and I've been playing it since the first of November. Don't judge. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete