3/25/10

stream of consciousness

Mckmama started this...series, if you will, about life in general. Designed to be an excuse to share random tidbits of the day in more than 140 characters (one of the downfalls of Twitter. I know, I was shocked when I realized it.),  I totally jumping on the bandwagon. Life isn't all pretty pictures and scheduled posts, like some blogs are, and by now I'm sure you've noticed that my blog isn't one of them. But I'm working on my blog being a positive and uplifting one, and I'm starting now...right after I publish this post. :)

Life. Let's talk about it, shall we? It's a tricky thing because it has us smiling and laughing one minute and crying the next. It could be those hormones that the teenage years are known for that make me do this, but whatever, we all have those days.
The things that make my life are, shall we say, normal...but not really. School, for instance, is pretty average. Math isn't my best subject, but I'm getting the hang of it. My cousin, who is a whiz in everything, offered to tutor me this summer in exchange for room and board, plus access to the pool. Sweet deal, huh? Having a pool definitely has its perks, just like it has its downfalls.
Back to school. I'm okay in everything else, as long as I work HARD and have no social life whatsoever so I can devote time to study. Biology, fine. It doesn't come easy, but I'm not planning on majoring in it or anything. College class = STRESS. Big time. Note the capital letters I put it in. It'll pay off in the long run, but right now I'm seriously doubting the state of mind I was in when I agreed to take this Communication Class. This big assignment I have this week isn't helping, but man, will it be like a weight lifted off my chest when I hit the submit button. I'm not even concerned about the grade, but I just want to get it over with and look ahead at Spring Break. :)
Life. It's a tricky thing, and the only thing I know to do is hang on for dear life.

No comments:

Post a Comment