3/16/10

Q&A post on the Challenge


As promised, the questions from the Challenge page over at Feelin' Feminine, with my two cents thrown in for extra drama. Make sure you have some time to read this whole post because I tend to be long winded. Consider your self warned...
How was the experience for you? I throughly enjoyed myself, but I feel like I will enjoy it even more when it takes place two months from now. The Challenge just so happened to fall on the week we got snow, only to find out the next week we were going to have highs in the 70's! If only it had been this week...
But all in all, I really was glad that I participated. Maybe next time I can just be a participant and not the host. School left no time for blogging during the day and our family time is after dinner, the only time I have to blog. That was one of the main turn-offs for the Challenge.
Any particular stories? Not really. Although I'm not surprised at myself because I'm never the life of the party of anything.
Did wearing skirts rather than pants affect the way you felt? Again, not really. I'm not the most graceful person so I had to catch myself attempting some things that weren't graceful or ladylike in my skirt, especially when Clark had one of his little friends over.
The only other time I felt uncomfy was at Teen CBS. I've never been one to feel weird because I'm the only one wearing a dress/skirt, but I was wearing my favorite dress on Day 3, which was pretty fancy compared to the other girls jeans and sweatpants, and I felt overdressed, which I was. But I got over it and moved on, and you can bet that I'll be wearing jeans next time!
The way you felt about yourself? Well, I kind of answered that question above. 
The way you acted? Nope, I was still my ol' self, just wearing a skirt! 
The way you carried yourself? Definitely! It's hard to explain, but I did feel more feminine and pretty as a walked around with my skirt swishing around my legs. I loved it! 
Were you able to go about everyday activity as freely as pants? I'm not a big athletic person, so I  wasn't involved in anything that involved running or the great outdoor, but I didn't notice anything different. One thing I had to keep catching myself on was sitting Indian style, or criss-cross applesauce, depending on how old you are! If you saw me on a regular basis, you'd think I was part Indian or something because I'm either sitting cross-legged or actually sitting on my feet. I still sat that way when no one was in the room with me, but I had to make a conscious effort to stop myself from sitting that way often.
How did people respond? I didn't notice any difference, but I did get a boatload of compliments on Day 3's outfit. Not trying to brag, just answering the question. 
Were you more respected? If I was more respected, I was ovblivious to it. I did get an "I admire you for doing that." once. That really encouraged me to keep doing it for the rest of the week.
Did you feel more like a lady? Yes, yes! And I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for the spring Challenge when I can wear dresses and skirts without tights so I can feel the material against my legs when I walk. It's one of my favorite things!
After the challenge do you desire to keep wearing skirts more regularly, or were you desperate to wear pants again? Yes to both! I was desperate to wear jeans, but I wear skirts on a regular basis in the spring and summer. I need to work on getting some more, though, because I basically wore every dress and skirt I had, for the winter, at least. A trip to Goodwill should remedy that little problem.
Feel free to copy and paste the question into your own blog post, and let me know, so I can see what you thought about my hosting skills, and of course if you were FEELIN' FEMININE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment