3/24/10

the simple woman's daybook for march 24

No comment on the fact that I haven't posted in over a week. Moving on...

For Today...March 24th, 2010. Spring Break, here I come!!
Outside my window...The sun is setting, the pear trees are blooming (see photo below), and it's perfect. Warm weather is finally here, and I hope it stays longer than it has in the past.
I am thinking...about how quickly I need to write this post in order to spend time with the family, not to mention eat and pack up stuff for tomorrow.
I am thankful for...Today. I'm living in the moment, and loving every minute of it. Well, not really.
From the learning rooms...Need I answer this?? School, school and more school. Seriously, I'm starting to dream about what I have to do in school the next day. My new trick to fall asleep is to start writing something in my head, preferably school related. Or recite the Lord's Prayer in both English and Latin.
From the kitchen...We haven't even eaten dinner yet. And that's fine with me, because I've never been a fan of eating dinner early. I think pasta salad with cubed chicken is on the menu for supper tonight. Yummy!
I am wearing...I'm in my PJ's. Gray yoga pants with a white tank top and blue hoodie complete my favorite outift to wear to bed. Or anytime, really. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of these $7 yoga pants.
I am creating...My inner artist is dead, I'm afraid. In my defense, I was a very artsy child.
I am going...To finish this blog post, no matter what!! You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to stop typing to do something or help someone.
I am reading...I'm this close to finishing my book about Joseph, so I'll cross that one off the list tomorrow. The question is: which book do I read next? I'm open to suggestions.
I am hoping...that my mood will improve by tomorrow, because, man am I being a party pooper. Nothing a family bowling night on the Wii can't fix...I hope!
I am hearing...Dad and the rest of the family talking about the healthcare reform thing. I refuse to let this blog be a place where I voice my political opinion, but I really don't have one, so it's not that hard. :)
Around the house...Not much. Evenings are low-key around here, as are most days now that I think about it.
One of my favorite things...Nice, productive days in school and sunshine to do my school reading in. I spent most of the day outside with pencil and paper in hand, or buried in a school book.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Pretty much the same as last time. Women's CBS in the morning, baby-sitting in the afternoon, and Teen CBS at night. Come home and grab a few winks of sleep, then it's up and attem, finishing up schoolwork for the week, then off to Biology Co-op on Friday afternoon. A possible shopping trip with the cousin (that she doesn't know about yet, because I haven't called her!) and other errands put us home around dinner time. Crash and burn Friday night, leading up to a restful weekend full of sun and yard work.
A picture for thought I'm sharing...
Beautiful, huh? More photos of the pear trees to come!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, those trees ARE beautiful! Ah, I love spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too! Even though I didn't really want to get up off the couch and go outside to take the pictures, I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete