6/1/11

the weather

The weather... original title, no? 


It's June the 1st. Aside from the fact that I can't believe it's my birthday month already, we're having wicked temps over in the Tarheel State. Want proof?



There it is. 90+ degrees and it's only the 1st of June?! I can't believe that we had upwards of 6 snowfalls & record breaking low temps at night, but now we're having a record breaking summer!! Makes me think about global warming {not really, but I had to throw that one in there}.

Don't get me wrong, I love hot weather wwwaaayyy more than cold weather and everything that comes with summer. But June? It makes me scared for the rest of the summer...

And now, I'm off to sip some sweet tea while simultaneously fanning myself & floating in the pool.*

*Except that doesn't really happen because 1) no one in the family likes sweet tea except me thus no real Southern sweet tea just iced green tea {which is awesome, BTW} 2) I don't own a fan & can't stand things blowing at my face and 3) we can't have drinks in the pool because we're all klutzy and nothing says refreshing like sweet tea pool water.

No comments:

Post a Comment