6/23/11

my sweet 16th birthday {2011}

Before we get to all the fun pictures & such, I have to say this since I try to be real on the ol' blog: I was down about my party, and still kinda am. Many of my friends weren't able to come {lots are/were out of town or had conflicts}, and while I know that it wasn't their fault and that they truly wanted to come, it was hard for me to see 5 people walk through the doors when I had invited 15. 


That's not to say I didn't have a blast with my close friends that were able to come, because I totally did!! I had 3 cameras snapping pictures, so hopefully you'll be able to feel like you were really there!! 

A week ago Saturday, me & my family threw a sweet 16 party at the Coffee Shack. It could quite possibly be the best coffee shop in the world, but I guess I'm a little bias. ;)

The party started at 2PM, but it didn't really get cranking until 3PM when everyone had gotten there drinks & struck up a conversations about anything and everything...





{my awesome curly haired cousin, Samantha}


A strawberry smoothie thing for Kaley...



...and an iced mocha for moi!





{Sweet Emmylou & Katie were able to come for a couple hours even though Miss Molly was admitted to the hospital that day. That's why I call her my bestie. :)}

See what I mean about the cameras?? They were snapping away so much we were having to talk over them, but I wouldn't had have it any other way. Taking pictures makes me HAPPY!!





Hey, it's me! Thanks to Kaley for snapping this photo.


Clark & Dad were in attendence as well, but didn't come out from under their laptop induced coma until it was cheesecake time!



::sigh:: I love this girl... P.S. Now's a good time to compare our non-resemblance; I don't think we look anything alike. Thoughts??


Cake time! And, funny backstory...I used to be a stickler for a homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Fast forward to my 13 birthday and I decided I didn't want to make my own cake, so we got one from Sam's. Then I decided that cheesecake would be even better and I've kept up the tradition ever since!!




Putting in the candles...


Can you see the 16 written by the candles?? And Dad made sure that we had 16 candles to write them with...




Everyone sang to me, and it was awkward... ;)




Enjoying the cheesecake... {L to R: Emily, Kaley, Linsday}


Other side of the table: {L to R: Katie, Me, Clark, and Dad}





After cake was winding down, we decided to open gifts so we could skedadle outta there at 5...








The best present was a AUTOGRAPHED photo book called "To Marci, With Love" by Jimo Perini. He's 93 & lives in Italy!



We ended the day with hugs & birthday wishes. ::sigh:: It was a great day! Again, to all my IRL peeps reading this, thanks for making me so special on my birthday; I feel loved!!

Happy weekend, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment