11/8/11

monte carlo {movie review}

During the epic Nichols sleepover last weekend, we made a trip to the grocery store {for nutella and Dr. Pepper, DUH} and stopped to get a movie as well. After debating and getting frozen to the bone because man oh man it was windy, we decided on Monte Carlo and hoped that is wasn't as cheesy as it sounded.

And it wasn't! Trust me, it is a fun movie to watch with your girlfriends. Certainly not the best movie ever made {I'm still trying to figure out which one is MY favorite} but lighthearted all the same. By the end I was getting REALLY into it and wanted everything to work out for the character's no matter how cliche is was.

It's really pretty obvs that everything works out, though...hence the cliche part of things. Lovers are reunited after a nasty breakup, and many people find love. With that being said, there's really no spoiler aspect to the movie or my review.  But, read on only if you want to!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo credit Google Images
Here's the synopsis from Monte Carlo's FB page...

"Grace (Selena Gomez) is an ordinary girl who becomes an accidental princess when a family summer trip to Paris turns into the fantasy of a lifetime. Living like royalty, Grace, along with her two best friends, discovers who she really is – by assuming another person’s identity."

I've never really been a fan of Selena Gomez, but she was sing relatively well {and the songs are catchy, so what?} and act well to but I was surprised at her skills in this movie. It was the first time I'd really seen her play a different role. She was rocking the clothes too! I love each and every one of her outfits.

love Grace's bag, the blue striped top and blazer, and skirt on the right.

BEAUTIFUL dresses in this scene. And modest in my opinion!
Grace's "alter ego"
The two other main character's paled in comparison to Grace but I like them as well.
It had pretty well known actors in it but I squealed when I saw that Catherine Tate was in it. DR. WHO FOREVER.

The end scene was my fave for not so obvious reasons. It was so awesome!
 {I love how throughout the whole movie they had access to MANY gorgeous clothes but wore, like, 4 outfits a piece. And they were awesome, mind you.}

Like I said, it was a sweet movie! Go forth and watch with the intention of having a fun afternoon with the girls :) But beware, there are about 3 cuss words {a sub of the Fword, the Sword, and Aword} but other than that, it's a clean movie. 

Happy movie watching viewers!

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge Selena Gomez fan, and I loved this movie! :-D Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete