3/14/13

great wolf lodge {yearbook staff trip 3.7 - 3.8}

A little known fact on the ol' blog: I'm on the yearbook staff. Yep, SA is a graphic design pro. SARCASM. I am anything but...however, yearbook isn't picky and Clark & I are now proud editors of the SWORD yearbook.

Besides the little Publisher nuggets of wisdom, a highlight of being on yearbook is the staff trip. Basically, we sell ads and use the money to cover the expenses running the yearbook entails. This year, we found a great homeschooling deal at the Great Wolf Lodge so we had enough income to have an all expenses paid trip over Spring Break! Aw yeah.

I didn't take many pictures cause let's be real: I was having too much fun. BUT. I did manage to capture some shots that sum up the overnight trip pretty well. So, enjoy the GWL SWORD Staff trip of 2013 as seen through my lens.

On the road by 8:30. Needless to say, we slept until we made it to VA.

Rest stop about halfway there. Much needed.

We held our breath over this bridge cause we're awesome like that.

I wasn't the only photographer on the trip.

I couldn't escape CFA even on a trip. No worries, I loved it.
We're here!

It's so log cabin-y and awesome and can my future house look like this please?!

The lobby was massive and I probably would've gotten lost if I had been on my own.

I was in log cabin heaven, ya'll.

We were four units away from the end of the lodge.
I don't think I've walked this much on a vacay in my life.
Holy hall inception though, right?!

3009, you were worth the walk.

Admiring the view while waiting to check in.


Erika Brooke & I <3 Waiting in the halls for staff pictures.
Even though I had my camera with my the whole time during staff pictures, this is the only picture I have.


I stood under this approximately once. Too hardcore for me.

Our favorite ride by far was the Howlin' Tornado.
Where you emerge with your hair plastered to your face and throat hoarse from screaming.
TOTALLY WORTH IT.
The park at night was pretty magical. I kinda regret not going back after dinner to have a little night swim.




After eating dinner in the bathroom hangout, some of us ventured out and played MagiQuest.
Erika & I just listened to music and surfed Instagram.

An ice cream break was neccessary. And no, I don't know those people.
I just snapped a picture of their ice cream. Photographer problems.

We basically bonded over the fact that we were on Instagram the whole time
and spoke only when we found an awesome picture.
Loved it.

This frap basically rekindled my love for Sbux.

Kaley found us at some point and we all got on Instagram.
As the only two boys, Jayden & Clark were kinda forced to hang out, but by that night,
it wasn't forced at all. They had a blast in the arcade.

Clark counting all the loot they won when they accidently rigged one of the systems.
Arcade fun.

Jayden's brother won himself plenty of tickets too.

Around ten we headed upstairs with all our liquid fuel and watched a movie until the wee hours of the morning.
Waking up was a little harder to do. We were wiped out from the day before.

We spent the better part of the morning in bed, all on Instagram.
After Poptarts for breakfast, we rode all our favorite rides again then came back to
the room to shower, pack up, and be outta there by noon. Crazy times.
We had a blast, and made tons of memories, and I swear I got a tan in an indoor waterpark and still have water in my ears. Totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment